Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cafe Nordstrom has good, quick eats



I just got back from running errands at Stonestown Galleria and grabbing a quick bite at the cafe at Nordstrom. I have been craving their caesar salad with salmon lately and I finally got my fix.

It’s always clean, efficient, and consistent here so when my kids want to eat at the food court, my husband and I order food to go from the cafe and bring it over there. My husband likes their tuna melt on marbled rye bread. One of these days, I want to try their French dip sandwich and the lime & cilantro chicken salad. But for now, I always find myself ordering that same citrus salmon caesar salad – guess I’m a creature of habit. It's refreshing and satisfying and always has the right amount of dressing.

It felt nippy out this morning so a cup of tomato basil soup sounded good. It was nice and hot, and had a rich and tangy tomato flavor. It was served with a big piece of cheesy, crusty bread which was perfect for dipping. I tend to like my tomato soup a tad sweeter and with a bit of melty cheese on top so that’s why I can't rave about it.

In addition to their regular menu, they serve breakfast all day and have a kids’ menu with familiar items like macaroni and cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup, chicken breast tenders, a turkey sandwich, and buttered noodles.

They also have a dessert menu featuring carrot cake, chocolate turtle cake, New York style cheesecake, tiramisu and red velvet cake.

They’re open Mon-Sat from 11:00am to 7:00pm and on Sundays, they close at 5:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment